The New E3 School is a state-of-the-art school for children ages one to five located in the Park Place neighborhood of Norfolk. The innovative, mixed-income model focuses on the elements of high quality that lead to kindergarten readiness for all children. The New E3 School is a catalyst for policy change and is impacting kids in our region and across the state of Virginia.
Our STREAMin3 model is being piloted in 82 faith-based, Head Start, private and Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI) classrooms across the state. The pilot results show that our model can be replicated and scaled by other programs.
• 44% of Virginia’s children are NOT READY.
• 50% of Norfolk’s children are NOT READY.
• The achievement and readiness gaps begin in the early years and widen without intervention.
• High quality early learning can close the achievement and readiness gaps.
• Equitable access to high quality early education prepares children academically and socially.
• All classrooms met or exceeded the threshold for quality.
• All four-year-old children exceeded the math benchmarks.
• 9 out of 10 children exceeded literacy benchmarks.
• All scholarship recipients met or exceeded benchmarks in math, self-regulation and social skills.
Only 50% of our children were assessed due to serving essential personnel only during COVID-19.
Our Scholarship Fund
Every year we turn away children and families who need scholarships to attend our school. Your gift to the Scholarship Fund will provide a child from a low-income family with the early education they need and deserve.