E3: Elevate Early Education is a nonpartisan issue-advocacy organization that advocates for policy initiatives and state funds to be invested in early learning through third grade. Our work focuses on improving equitable access to high-quality education for all children to build a strong foundation for later learning.
In 2005, we started tackling this issue on the regional level as one of the first early education initiatives in the state. After a decade of innovative work, we recognized Virginia’s investment in young children had flatlined and Virginia was behind other states. That led to the creation of E3 in 2011.
- Increased access to quality for thousands of children and families.
- Improved the quality of early learning programs and helped teachers in the classroom.
- Worked alongside Republicans and Democrats to change policy and impact children.
- Focused on data-driven problems and solutions.
- Secured BIG wins for our kids.
- Increased Virginia’s investment in early education.
- Built a movement to make lasting change and impact thousands of children, families and classrooms.
- Increased the per pupil spending in the Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI) programs.
- Led the advocacy and secured dedicated funding for over 20,000 at-risk children to have access to quality programs.
- Advocated for the expansion of the STREAMin3 model. It is now on VDOE’s List of Approved Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers & Preschoolers and will be available to impact more children and programs.
- Partnered with UVA on innovative, research-driven solutions to strengthen early education. Read more about our Research-Practice Partnership in Princeton & Brookings Future of Children publication.